Barry Manilow Postpones More Arena Shows Amid Cancer Recovery
Barry Manilow revealed he will not be returning to his tour yet.
The Emmy, Grammy and Tony-winning singer-songwriter noted on his social media yesterday that he would have to postpone further arena dates amid his surgery recovery. In late December, the soft rock-pop musician announced he was diagnosed with Stage 1 lung cancer, for which he has since undergone a procedure.
“Just got home from visiting the surgeon. Very depressing visit,” he wrote, adding that while he had been exercising regularly to boost his stamina, he couldn’t get through “more than three songs in a row before I had to stop. But I was sure that I would be able to do the Arena shows in a few weeks. [My surgeon] shook his head.”
Being advised that his lungs are not yet ready to undertake a 90-minute concert, Manilow said he would be rescheduling the first batch of tour dates between Feb. 27 and March 17. His surgeon added that Manilow could resume his shows at the end of March and beginning of April.
Manilow then apologized and promised a return. “In the meantime, and once again, thank you all for your wonderful notes and phone calls of support. The doctor said that my body had been through hell and that it needed time to heal. So, I’m going back to healing. All my love and gratitude.”
The March and April dates are his rescheduled shows from January, which comprise his farewell tour dubbed “The Last Concerts.” He said previously, “Years from now, when you look back on these dates, you’ll want to know you were there to say goodbye.”
Earlier this month, the “Mandy” singer also pushed back his Las Vegas residency, initially slated for Feb. 12-21.
First Appeared on
Source link